The literacy rate of Bihar is considerably low from past decades. And main reason for illiteracy in Bihar is because lack of money to pursue higher studies.
So to overcome the literacy problem, Bihar Government launched Bihar Student Credit Card Yojna on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti on 2nd October, 2016. Under this scheme Bihar Government provides a loan upto 4 lakhs to the student to continue their higher studies. The student who applied for loan get job he\she have to repay the loan. Under this scheme, loan will be provided to cover livelihood and expenditure to be incurred on their education, cover their tuition fee of the institution (including hostel) and even for rented accommodation in case of non-availability of hostel.
Eligibility Criteria for Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana
- First of all an Applicant should belong from Bihar.
- The Applicant’s must have the admission letter of the Certified Institution.
- The Apllicant must passed 12th boards from Bihar School Exam Committee, CBSE or Equivalent boards, Institutions recognized by
- Bihar State Sanskrit Education Board and Bihar State Madarsa Board.
Amount of loan available and course available under the Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana
An amount of 4 lakh rupees is available for the student so that they can bear the academic fee as well as hostel and other educational charges.
- B.A./ B.Sc./ B. Com. (All subject)
- B.A./B.Sc.-B.Ed. (Integrated Courses)
- B.Sc. (Agriculture)
- B.Sc. (Information Technology/Computer Application/Computer Science)
- B.Sc. (Library Science)
- B.Sc. (Nursing)
- B.Sc. in Fashion Technology/Designing/Apparel Designing/Footwear Designing
- B.Tech/B.E. for laterally admitted candidates having degree of three years diploma courses approved by the State Technical Education Council
- B.Tech/B.E./B.Sc. (Engineering-all branches)
- Bachelor in Yoga (Entry Level+2Pass)
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.)
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (B.H.M.S.)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (B.H.M.C.T.)
- Bachelor of Mass Communication/Mass Media/Journalism
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physical Education (B. P. Ed.)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine & Surgery (B.U.M.S)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery (B.V.M.S.)
- BL/LLB (5 Year integrated Course)
- Degree/Diploma in Aeronautical, Pilot Training, Shipping
- Diploma in Food & Beverage Services
- Diploma in Food Processing/ Food Production
- Diploma in Food, Nutrition/ Dietetics
- Diploma in Hotel Management (Three Year) (I.H.M. Course)
- General Nursing Midwifery (G.N.M)
- Hospital and Hotel Management
- Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- M.A./M.Sc./M.Com (All subject)
- M.Sc/M.Tech Integrated course
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Document Required For Student Credit Card
- Aadhar Card of applicant and co-applicant.
- Pan of applicant and co-applicant.
- 2-2 photos of student, parent and guarantors.
- Family Income Certificate and Form 16.
- Six month statement of parent’s bank account.
How to apply for Bihar Student Credit Card Yojana
Student needs to register through this link of 7 nishchaya Mukhaya Mnatri yojana https://www.7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in/. Their you have to have to register yourself first by providing the credentials respectively. And for this you have to verify your Mobile number and Email I.d.
After successfully verification of you Mobile Number and Email I.d. you will receive a user name for to login in the web portal of Bihar Government DRCC login. In the new page you have to fill the details that were asked from you. And go through once all before submitting it. You will get a form that has to be submitted in the next 60 days in the DRCC office. After the successful Submission You will be informed via Email on your registered Email I.d. So, there your loan is approved or not if approved then you have to go to the the DRCC office to sign a stamp paper for the lagal paper work for the loan. They also need sign of your parents or the loan guarantor.